**Unit Price $9,995. From $14,895 installed. This unit must be installed by Pacific Coast Avionics.
Aspen Electronic Flight Display for Class III Aircraft
Aspen Avionics new EFD1000C3 Pro PFD System. It offers all the same features and benefits of the current EFD1000 Pro PFD System. However, the software used in the EFD1000C3 has been further qualified to RTCA DO-178, Level B which is needed for installations on Part 23, Class III Aircraft (typically those aircraft weighing over 6,000 pounds and not classified as "Commuter Category").
Initial AML-STC additions will include popular Class III airframes with Vne/Vno speeds of 270 kts or below.
Aspen will continue to add additional airframes to the AML with greater than 270 kts Vne/Vno speeds and will keep you updated accordingly.
The EFD1000 Pro PFD gives you all the major tools that help professional pilots fly safely and easily in instrument conditions, at a breakthrough price. The Pro has all the same great features as the Pilot "integral ADAHRS, backup battery, emergency GPS, altitude alerter" plus a whole lot more.
The Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) integrates a course pointer and course deviation indicator (CDI) onto your slaved compass rose, and adds two bearing pointers that you can set to any VOR or GPS waypoint, for added situational awareness (and making DME arcs a breeze to fly!). Text information about your active waypoint is right there in front of you.
Arc mode is ideal for the en-route segment, showing your own ship at the bottom of the screen, your flight plan legs ahead of you, and nearby navaids and airports around you on a moving map. With optional software, you can even overlay datalink weather graphics and traffic on the map.
The Attitude Director Indicator (ADI) shows the same accurate attitude with airspeed and altitude tapes as the Pilot, and adds more. In approach mode, you'll have lateral and vertical deviation indicators, along with your approach minimums, right there on the ADI for a tight scan during this critical phase of flight. You'll get an alert when you reach barometric minimums, and a DH annunciator will illuminate at AGL minimums (when connected to a radar altimeter).
The Pro couples to most GA autopilots and flight directors, through its included Analog Converter Unit (ACU). You'll lose no functionality when replacing your mechanical HSI and ADI, and may gain some. An integral GPS Steering (GPSS) function can drive your autopilot in HDG mode through most GPS flight plan legs and course changes, and even along curved flight paths (like course reversals and holding patterns) when connected to an appropriate WAAS GPS navigator. If your autopilot supports a flight director, but your current attitude indicator doesn't, the Pro will give you a single-cue flight director that will make your hand flying even easier, more accurate and safer. The Pro delivers all the capabilities a serious instrument pilot needs on his or her primary instruments. And if you want even more, a simple software upgrade will take the Pro up to our highest-level PFD: the ATP.
All the features of the Pilot, plus:
- Integral ADAHRS, backup battery and emergency GPS
- Integral altitude alerter
- GPS flight plan map views: 360° & Arc
- Full EHSI with dual bearing pointers
- Dual GPS, dual VHF nav support
- Autopilot & flight director integration
- Integral GPS Steering
- Base map with curved flight paths
Ease of Installation
The Evolution flight displays are an innovative, patent pending modular system that slides into the existing 3-inch instrument holes in any instrument panel. A universal bracket provides easy surface mounting using existing instrument cutouts, plus the system can optionally be flush mounted if desired. Evolution EFD installation is so simple that installation time and cost are cut at least in half.
The modular EFD platform allows for easy expansion with additional capabilities, redundancy, and display area. The interactive modules mount side-by-side in one, two, and three tube configurations for supreme flexibility and upgradability.
- Width: 3.50 in. (Measured at Bezel)
- Height: 7.00 in. (Measured at Bezel)
- Can Depth: 4.11 in. (Rear of Bezel to Rear of Can)
- Overall Depth: 6.21 in (Knob to Rear Pressure Fitting)
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Display Type: 6.0" Diagonal TFT Active Matrix LCD (400x760)
- Display Colors: 262,144
- Face: Anti-Reflective Coated Glass
- Backlight: High Intensity White LED
- Rotary Knobs: Optical Encoder with Momentary Push
- Dimming: Manual & Automatic (Front Bezel Mounted Sensor)
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temp: -55°C to +85°C
- Max Un-Pressurized Operating: 35,000
- Cooling: Integral Fan
- Max Humidity: 95% at 50°C
- Input Voltage: +8 to +32 Volts DC
- Max Current: 3.5 Amps
- ARINC 429 Inputs: 5 Low Speed
- ARINC 429 Outputs: 1 Low Speed
- RS-232 Inputs: 5
- RS-232 Outputs: 3
- Pitot / Static: Quick Connect
- Technical Standard Order:
TSO-C2d, TSO-C3d, TSO-C4c, TSO-C6d, TSO-C8d, TSO-C10c, TSO-C106, TSO-C113
- Software: RTCA DO-178B Level C
- Environmental: RTCA DO-160E
See Environmental Qualification Sheet
- Width: 2.50 in.
- Length: 4.36 in.
- Height: 0.90 in.
- Weight: 0.2 lbs
Analog Converter Unit:
- Weight: 14 ounces (approx.)
- Width (including mounting flange): 5.72 inches
- Height (including mounting flange): 1.60 inches
- Depth: 4.28 inches
- Input Voltage 14 Vdc / 28 Vdc Nominal (10 Vdc to 32 Vdc operational
- Input Current less than 0.5A at 28 Vdc
- Mounting: Attaches to the airframe using six #8 screws located near each corner and at the centers of the mounting flanges
Features and Specifications subject to change without notice.