The primary purpose of Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Knowledge Test is to provide you with the easiest, fastest, and least expensive means of passing the Fundamentals of Instructing (FOI) knowledge test, which is required before you can obtain your flight and/or ground instructor certificate. You are not required to take the FOI knowledge test if you hold an FAA flight or ground instructor certificate, a current teacher's certificate authorizing you to teach at an educational level of the 7th grade or higher, or are currently employed as a teacher at an accredited college or university.
Appendix B of this book is a reprint of "Section Two -- The Flight Instructor" from the FAA's Aviation Instructor's Handbook (FAA-H-8083-9). It is useful for reading and as a periodic review for instructors. It consists of three chapters
- Instructor Responsibilities and Professionalism
- Techniques of Flight Instruction
- Planning Instructional Activity
Appendix C of this book consists of suggestions on how to find or become a sponsor for a "ground school." It also contains suggestions on course organizations, lecture outlines, and class presentations.
We change the FAA knowledge (written) test process from a memorization marathon to a learning opportunity and experience. You get higher test scores in less study time. Seven of the major differences between our Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Knowledge Test books (and related software) and most other available books and software are
- Outlines at the beginning of each study unit explain concepts being tested
- Airplane only questions are included, saving time and effort
- Comprehensive answer explanations
- Answer explanations NEXT to each question, NOT at the back of the book
- Questions organized into logical topics
- Detailed index assists you in finding topics and questions you wish to study
- We provide practice tests using the FAA's mix of question topics.
Fundamentals of Instructing FAA Knowledge Test is one of four related books, each in outline/illustration format, for obtaining your flight and/or ground instructor certificate. The other three are Flight/Ground Instructor FAA Knowledge Test, Pilot Handbook, and Flight Instructor Flight Maneuvers and Practical Test Prep. Additionally, you may be interested in our FAA Test Prep software, which can be used in your preparation for your FOI knowledge test.