FREE SHIPPING in the Continental US
- GPSMAP 696
- Yoke Mount
- GXM 40 XM Antenna
- 12/24 Volt Power Cable
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- GA 25 Remote Antenna with Suction Cup Mount
- Protective Cover
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Bigger is better with Garmin's new GPSMAP-696. Its bright, sunlight readable, seven inch display is as crisp and color rich as any display available in a portable. This new larger format portable enables a full range of features not possible on smaller units, including: split screen panel page with full map, a high resolution terrain page with high contrast 2D depiction along with a vertical profile of terrain along your route of flight, and so much more. The GPSMAP 696 also becomes Garmin's first portable with Victor airways and Jet routes. Combine those new features with our built in XM WX module capable of displaying the latest weather products like Icing Potential and Turbulence Forecasts, and Pilot Reports (XM/WX Satellite Weather "Aviator Pro" subscription required for these new weather products). The XM/WX Aviator package continues to deliver NEXRAD images with Cell Movement and Echo Tops, in addition to Winds Aloft, TFR's, graphic and textual Metars, Terminal Forecasts and more.
The GPSMAP 696 also takes our intuitive, easy-to-use operations to a new level with an innovative rotary knob/joystick or "click stick". This G1000-like addition eliminates rocker pad data entry by providing a much faster rotary knob which selects alpha-numerics and advances the cursor with a quick tap of the joystick. The same joystick makes map panning and waypoint identification on the map page lightning fast.
Another new feature is a scalable Satellite View of any location on the Earth. Also included are electronic Garmin FlightCharts, which enable the new GPSMAP 696 to function much like a Class I or Class II Electronic Flight Bag, thereby reducing the use of paper in the cockpit. FlightCharts are electronic NACO Terminal Procedures for the entire US and are preloaded in the unit. The factory uploaded FlightCharts will disappear after 6 months. Purchasing a subscription is required for continuous chart availability. The new flyGarmin.com website will allow owners to subscribe to FlightCharts and also update all databases necessary to keep their GPSMAP 696 current in 3 simple steps.
This new top of the line portable retains all the top features of our industry leading GPSMAP 496, including: Smart Airspace, AOPA Airport Directory data (US only), Towers & Obstructions (US and Europe), SafeTaxi (US only) and 5 Hertz GPS updates.
Also available is the new GPSMAP 695 which includes all the 696 features excluding XM WX capabilities. The GPSMAP 695 is available in all 3 data base choices; Atlantic, Pacific and Americas.
Product Features and Specifications
- Large 7" diagonal WVGA sunlight readable display
- XM weather and audio capability (GPSMAP 696)
- Battery: Replaceable, rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride
- Battery Life: Up to 2.5 hours battery life with full backlight and GXM 40 connected (8 hours with BL @ 50% and XM connected)
- 5 Hz High-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Flight Plans: 50 with up to 300 points each
- User waypoints: 3000 point active track
- Track log: 10,000 point active track
- Flight log: At least 50 most recent flights
- SD card slot for additional mapping data
- Size: 144W x 196H x 51 D mm (5.7W x 7.7H x 2.0 D inches)
- Weight: 1012 g (2.2 lb) with battery pack, 635 g (1.4 lb) without battery pack; 361 g (0.80 lb) RAM mount
Panel Page with Map
Traffic Interface (GTX 330)
XM/WX Icing Forecast
Relative Terrain with Profile
Low and High Altitude Airways