The GDL 69 is a remote sensor that receives broadcast weather data from a service of XM Satellite Radio and delivers the data to Garmin's popular avionics systems. This highly reliable, near real-time weather information is transmitted to industry-leading products such as the G1000, GMX200, GNS 530W, GNS 430W, GTN 650 and GTN 750.
XM Satellite Radio and its XM WX Satellite Weather service operate in the S-band frequency to provide continuous uplink capabilities at any altitude throughout North America. XM WX's comprehensive weather suite is powered by WxWorx, an innovator in location-specific weather data and leading provider of analytical weather services to the broadcast media and emergency management industry.
For pilots who want additional value from XM Satellite Radio, Garmin also offers the GDL 69AT. This receiver combines XM WX's weather services with XM's digital audio entertainment, which provides 130-plus channels of music, news, talk, sports and information.
The GDL 69 and 69A: Bringing you an increased level of confidence, comfort, and security.
- High-resolution NEXRAD weather data
- METARs (in graphical or textual format)
- Winds aloft (at altitude)
- Echo tops Precipitation type (at surface)
- Lightning Storm-cell data (size, speed and direction)
- XM Radio with purchase of the GDL69A
- High-resolution NEXRAD weather data (Up to 250 mile radius)
- Graphic METARs
- Textual METARs