L-3’s Next Generation Electronic Standby Instrument System — the ESI-500 — is one of the most advanced standby instruments designed specifically for piston and turboprop aircraft and helicopters. The compact unit is scalable and comes standard with altitude, attitude, slip/skid, vertical speed and aircraft track. Options are available for the display of navigation information and Synthetic Vision (SynVis), including terrain and obstacles. Magnetic heading is an available option when coupled with the low cost and compact MAG-500 magnetometer. The ESI-500 is compatible with existing NAV radios and GPS hardware. An internal lithium-ion battery pack automatically powers the system without interruption upon loss of main input power.
- Mirrors PFD presenting attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip data
- Options for terrain, SynVis, obstacles, heading and navigation
- Internal lithium-ion battery offers uninterrupted flight data
- Low cost, compact design for piston & turboprop aircraft
- High-resolution, 24-bit color display
- 3" round case for easy installation into existing panel cutouts
- Airspeed awareness band highlights aircraft VNE and VMO cues