• Mode S Extended Squitter (ES) transponder with intuitive touch screen interface
• Dual Mode 1090ES ADS-B Out plus 1090 and 978 ADS-B In
• Designed for 14V and 28V installations
• Patented Lynx Tail provides Flight ID, aircraft type and ground speed data of other ADS-B traffic
• Internal rule compliant position source (WAAS-GPS)
• Moving map including TFRs, airport databases and NOTAMs
• Subscription-free ADS-B graphical and textual weather including NEXRAD, METARs, Winds & Temps Aloft, AIRMETs and SIGMETs
• Customizable layouts and information per pilot preference
• Faceplate data port for maintenance personnel access to setup menus, software updates and option enablements via laptop
• Options available for internal L-3 NextGen Active Traffic, Antenna Diversity, PED (iPad) WiFi connectivity and Remote Mount models
Lynx touchscreen display technology operates similar to a Personal Electronic Device (PED). The screen’s touch and swipe sensitivity has been human engineered to work in the most demanding flight environments where turbulence or moisture may be a concern.
The Lynx NGT-9000 includes subscription-free weather data such as METARs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and NEXRAD information overlaid on a moving map. A second map page shows Winds and Temps Aloft data. All this and the reliable addition of the Stormscope WX-500 Interface which offers the ability to map lightning data, which correlates to wind shear, turbulence and hail. This arrangement allows for the pilot to quickly page through graphical weather screens, viewing large amounts of data without overloading a single page.
The Lynx NGT-9000 offers the flexibility to display ADS-B traffic on the unit itself, as well as other panel mounted avionics and iPad and Android apps. L3Harris’ NextGen Active Traffic is an option that can be embedded into the NGT-9000 display unit to provide an uninterrupted display of all traffic in the vicinity. Equip with both ADS-B and Active Traffic for the complete traffic picture.
All Lynx MSS models incorporate a rule compliant position source (WAAS/GPS) requiring no external GPS connections.
With the Lynx family of ADS-B products, you will receive up to the minute broadcast information regarding airports, Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) and Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) in graphical and textual form. Similar to the weather map, touching an airport or zone icon on the graphical side of NGT-9000 map brings up its corresponding textual data.
The Lynx NGT-9000 series provide 1090ES (Mode S Extended Squitter) ADS-B Out as well as 1090 MHz and 978 MHz (UAT) ADS-B In. This provides ADS-B traffic (ADS-B, ADS-R and TIS-B) and FIS-B input.
Optional ADS-B Traffic Advisory System (ATAS) aural alerting announces the range, bearing and relative altitude of intruder aircraft through the cockpit audio system. Pilots will hear warnings such as “Traffic, Traffic, 3 O’Clock High, 2 Miles.” The ATAS option adds this audio capability to ADS-B Traffic on any NGT-9000 model and visual indication of the alerted traffic appears on the NGT-9000 display. Unlike older alerting systems, the Lynx ATAS feature provides alerting for aircraft flying at any altitude, including airport pattern traffic below 500’ AGL.
Lynx NGT-9000 provides ADS-B traffic and weather and features its own internal WAAS/GPS. The flexibility of this advanced system includes:
• ARINC 429, RS-232 and RS-422 output for easy interfacing with panel displays
• Wi-Fi capability enables pilots to view ADS-B traffic and weather on iOS® and Android® devices through available apps
• Optional Class B embedded Terrain Awareness Warning System (eTAWS)
• Optional Air Traffic Alerting System (ATAS) provides aural alerting of ADS-B traffic, including the position of intruder aircraft
|PHYSICAL||Size (inches): 1.80" (H) x 6.25" (W) x 11.37" (L)
Weight: 2.96 lb. (1.35 kg)
Mode S Transponder Power: 125W min/250W max
Temperature: -20 to +55° C (-4 to +131° F)
Operating Altitude: 55,000 ft (16,800 m)
Transponder Type: Mode A/C, S and ES
Warranty: 3-Years from date of purchase
|TSOs||C112d: Mode S
C113a: Airborne Multipurpose Electronic Display
C118a: TCAS I
C147: Traffic Advisory System
C151c: Terrain Awareness and Warning System
C154c: UAT ADS-B
C157a: Aircraft Fight Information Services-Broadcast (FIS-B)
C166b: ADS-B, TIS-B 1090MHz
C195b: ADS-B Aircraft Surveillance Applications