PS ENGINEERING PMA8000B-T
A true all-in-one audio control system, the PS Engineering PMA8000B-T offers the most innovative audio control functions and streamlines your cockpit. The PMA8000B-T can even replace your GARMIN GMA340 and is backward compatible with the PMA8000. You’ll save money with the PMA8000B-T because it comes with IRS™ (Internal Recording System), which normally costs $130 on its own. This is a convenient feature which allows the pilot to record and play back up to eight radio messages, saving the time of requesting a repeat or questioning the content of an important call.
Features for Efficiency:
- 3-year Pro-Support Warranty
- IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones
- (5) unswitched inputs, with front panel unswitched input
- Bluetooth® enabled allowing up to two devices to be connected simultaneously
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"
- (6) Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™
- Selectable music distribution for passengers
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio New Enhancement
- (3) Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- (4) music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute, Intercom Mute New Enhancement
- Dedicated front panel music volume control New Enhancement
- (2) Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Cellular telephone input with "DuTel™" telephone distribution
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- Easy front panel control for telephone side tone on/off New Enhancement
- Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
- Front panel utility jack for phone, iPod, or unswitched audio warnings
The PMA8000B-T has improved on previous models and its Monitor mode is even more effective than before. The secondary com can now be used as an audio source even while the primary com is in use. If any activity comes through the primary com, the secondary com will automatically be muted. PMA8000B-T Monitor mode will also modify the IFR approach mode automatically, which will save you the time of managing two radio receptions on your own. Newly installed on the PMA8000B-T is an input jack where pilots can connect other devices that enhance their flying experience. These include portable music players, cell phones and audio announcements. Although cell phones may not be used during flight, they are a helpful communication option to have while the plane is grounded. The pilot can make individual calls or include a group on a call. Most Bluetooth® compatible phones can also be utilized on the control panel for speed dial and operating playback functions.