Part No: JPI-FS-450GJPI Instant Rebate! Save $50!
The Aviation Consumer, Product of the Year. JPI’s FS-450 is our top choice because it has all the options you need for fuel management.
JPI’s newest piece of panel wizardry relegates fuel-situation questions to relics of the past. From its new home between the top row of flight instruments and the top of avionics stack, the FS-450 blinked and winked the numbers to answer all my fuel-situation questions.
Connected to our Honeywell Skymap IIIC, the FS-450 happily winked and blinked its way through its information inventory and left me as relaxed as any fat-dumb-and-happy aviator should get — minus the “dumb” part of the equation, of course. Heavy-duty information and a light-duty price; could you want more? Sure, easy installation would be nice, something JPI also covered.
- FS-450 can mate to an old Shadin or Hoskins System.
- Gallons per hour can be changed tap Litres or Lbs.
- QUE lights indicate which function is being displayed in the lower display.
- Auto Button, starts the automatic scan of the functions. Rate can be set from 1-9.
- Continuous display of fuel burn in Gal./Lbs./Litres per hour.
- Step button can index information forward or backward. All programing done easily from the from panel with two buttons and no switches to toggle.
FS-450 Displays all functions:
1. Total Fuel Used
2. Fuel Remaining
3. Endurance in Hours and Minutes
4. Fuel Required to next Waypoint
5. Fuel Reserve at Next Waypoint
6. Nautical miles per Gallon
Other Great Functions of the FS-450:
- Continuous display of fuel burned, in upper display in Gallons per Hour. Liters and Lbs. per hour available.
- An amazingly low price includes instrument harness and a Flow Scan transducer.
- Upgrade your old Hoskins or Shadin System. Will function with any K factors, connector is pin to pin compatible.
- Automatically calculates the K factor.
- All programming done from the front panel.
- Size 2.25 inch diameter (small hole)
- Lightweight 5 oz. with Super Thin 1.5 inch depth
- Two year warranty
- Serial port sends and receives data from all GPS units even handhelds.
- Calculates fuel to next waypoint.
+ FAA TSO for Reliability and Accuracy, a 3 year warranty.
+ Talks to all GPS’s including Garmins 430/530 and all handheld’s etc. Displays gallons required to next waypoint or destination at no additional cost. FP-5L does not report “gallons to destination”. FP-5L does not work with a “handheld” GPS.
+ Programmable display for Gallons, Pounds, Liters. No imperial gallons .
+ Remote “Warning Light” programmable with Low fuel and low time warning.
+ Automatically calculates K- factor for excellent 1% accuracy
+ Return line systems (Pressure Carburetor) and gravity flow, no problem.
+ Clock size, 1.5″ deep, 2 1/4″ hole, 5.0 oz. wt.,
Transducer 3 oz. wt.
• TSO’d for use in turbo-prop aircraft.
+ When your, El, Hoskins, or Shadin fails upgrade it to destination an FS-450 using old transducer.
+ Automatic reminder (flashing digits) to update Fuel added. Fuel added Can be set after take-off not possible with the FP-5L/FP-5
+ “USED” Total fuel used can be set to zero at any time during flight.
+ Twin and Single FS-450M instrument.
+ %HP Calculated on fuel burn.
+ Timer included
Dimension: FS-450 – 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.3″ deep incl connector.