Radiant Geiger PLUS Portable Carbon Monoxide Detector
Part No: Geiger-CO Plus
Geiger PLUS is a key fob-sized unit that provides real time aural alarm when carbon monoxide levels are dangerously high. The unit provides a very loud distinctive alarm at ~41 PPM and an even more annoying alarm at 100 PPM.
The product also detects Volatile Organic Compounds, such as gasoline.
In contrast to competitive products, GEIGER PLUS is much smaller, more responsive and rechargeable. It is designed to run off of an internal USB rechargeable battery.
Geiger PLUS is designed to be attached to a keychain, but because of its small size, it can be hung anywhere. According to our market research, this is the smallest, most portable, most usable CO monitor available, and it is reasonably priced.
This updated version of the predecessor product (Geiger CO) has exciting new and compelling features:
- It comes to life much more quickly and may be turned on even in poisoned air, without requiring a startup in clean air.
- The calibration point is digitally aligned with each unit at the factory, for a baseline of zero PPM, and is also calibrated for 100 PPM.
- The LED scale is engineered to FAA guidelines for strength of CO and color coding thereof. For reference, see Carbon Monoxide, a Deadly Menace (faa.gov)
- This new design advises of the possible presence of Volatile Organic Compounds (including exhaust and gasoline vapor) via a distinct, blue LED.
- The aural alarm starts at ~41PPM and changes to a more insistent tone at 100PPM.
- The rechargeable battery gives ~6 hours of operation along with a 30-minute recharge time from any USB port (to 80% of charge).
- Size is 1.2 x 2.0 x 0.3″ (3 x 5 x 0.75 cm)
- Runs for up to 10 hours on a single charge
- Detects Carbon Monoxide, sounds alarm at approximately 50 ppm
- Shows at a glance CO strength through visual LEDs
- LEDs are much easier to read in the dark than competitive products
- Hangs anywhere using keychain attachment
- Solid aluminum case (special early units ship with lightweight black nylon / carbon fiber)