FTA-450L Airband Transceiver
Part No: FTA-450LIn Stock!
Yaesu FTA 450L
The YAESU FTA-450L is a competitively priced (COMM ONLY) version of the wildly successful FTA-550L and FTA-750L. Featuring the same Easy To Operate icon-driven menu system, on a large 1.7" x 1.7" Full Dot Matrix Display. The same Loud 800mW internal audio speaker guarantees calls will not be missed. 8.33 kHz
Narrow Band compatible, with a programmable 200 channel memory bank, means all favorite channels can be easily stored and retrieved with just a few button presses. Valued packaged with all the necessary accessories, including 110VAC and 12VDC chargers, headset adapter, Alkaline battery tray, Belt Clip, USB programming cable, and a large capacity 1800mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
Now Meets MIL-STD-810F
- The FTA-750L has now been tested and complies with the Military Standard MIL-STD-810F. Similar to commercial Land Mobile radios, all current Yaesu Airband Transceivers have been tested for durability against Low temperatures, High temperatures, Shock, Vibration, Dust and Rain, ensuring many years of rugged use.
Easy to Operate Menu System
- The FTA-450 comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Huge Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
- The FTA-450 features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matrix LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-450 has to offer.
200 Memory channels with up to 15 Alphanumeric characters
- The FTA-450 can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-450 allows for a better channel description.
- 5 Watts TX Output Power (Air Band: AM 5W P.E.P. typ, 1.5W carrier)
- Huge 1.7" x 1.7" (43.2 x 43.2 mm ) Full-Dot Matrix Display (160 x 160 dots)
- 800 mW Loud Audio Output
- 8.33 kHz Narrow Band compatible
- 200 Memory Channels with 15 Alphanumeric Characters
- Water Protection - IPX5 Rating
- Includes High-Capacity Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack (7.4V 1,800 mAh)
- Includes Alkaline Battery Tray (6 x AA)
- NOAA Weather Channel Receive
- NOAA Weather Alert Function
- The channel configurations can be easily re-programmed using the PC Programming Software
Easy to operate! The FTA-450L comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Great display! The FTA-450L features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matrix LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-450L has to offer.
Well accessorized! Includes rechargeable Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Battery, AC wall charger, DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter, headset adapter cable, alkaline battery case, belt clip, and USB programming cable. Everything needed, right out of the box.
The Yaesu FTA-450L features a IPX5 waterproof design protects it against rain and water jets. Great for flight line personnel, airshow use, and anyone using a transceiver outdoors where it may rain. In addition it's 800 mw audio amplifier makes the FTA-450L louder than any other handheld transceiver available today (for example, it's about 35% louder than the Icom IC-A23). The Yaesu FTA-450L is powered by a high capacity 2000 Mah Lithium Ion battery that will last over 13.5 hours between charges.
200 memory channels can be easily programmed into the FTA-450L allowing quick easy access to frequently used channels on the aviation band. Each "book memory" channel can be programmed into the unit using the optional PC programming software and cable. All memory channels can be labeled with either a channel number assignment, operating frequency display, or an alpha-numeric channel name display.
Breaking the squelch threshold has never been easier. Press the Squelch button for two seconds and the FTA-450L's squelch remains opened for monitoring weak and distant signals. Pressing Squelch again restores squelch settings. This is TRUE one handed operation. No need to fumble with tightly spaced concentric knobs!
Receiver Battery Saver feature is designed to maximize the life of the transceiver's battery. When the FTA-450L is in the standby mode the battery saver de-energizes the transceivers circuitry, waking up at user selected intervals to sample for radio activity. If no activity is detected the FTA-450L goes back into its sleep mode. Current consumption is minimized, thereby maximizing battery life. This feature is only found on Yaesu's air band transceivers!
The FTA-450L can receive all 10 NOAA weather broadcast frequencies. The Automatic Active Weather Channel Locator automatically scans for active NOAA weather stations in your area when the Weather band is selected.
- Li-Ion Battery Pack (SBR-12LI 7.4V, 1800 mAh)
- Charger Cradle (SBH-11) AC Charger (SAD-11)
- Cigarette Lighter DC/DC Converter (SDD-12)
- Antenna (SRA-13A )
- Belt Clip (SHB-11)
- Headset Adapter Cable (SCU-15)
- Alkaline Battery Tray (SBT-12 6 x AA)
- USB Cable (T9101606)
- Operating Manual
- Warranty Card
- Frequency Ranges: RX 118.000 to 136.975 MHz
- 161.650 to 163.275 MHz (Weather Channels)
- TX 118.000 to 136.975 MHz
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz/8.33 kHz
- Emission Type: TX: AM RX: AM & FM
- RF Power Output: 5.0 W (PEP), 1.5 W (Carrier Power)
- Water Protection Rating: IPX5
- Case Size (W x H x D): 2.4" x 5.2" x 1.3" (62 x 133 x 34 mm) w/o Knob and Antenna
- Weight: 14.5 oz (410 g) w/ SBR-12LI, Antenna and Belt Clip
- Qty in Master Carton: 10
- Warranty: 3 Years