Levil Aviation is once again brining innovation to flight! With the release of the new iLevil 3 series, you will now have Data Recording capabilities. Over the last 3 years the iLevil has cemented itself as one of the
best AHRS, GPS, and ADS-B receivers on the market.
The iLevil 3 AW gives you the ability to broadcast crucial flight information straight to your phone or tablet without compromising weight, space, cost, and reliability
This information can then be transferred into an
excel spreadsheet to gain a clear picture of your
flight (position, airspeed, altitude, attitude, etc.). The
data is also saved in FDR and GDX format which
will allow users to replay their flight in X plane flight
simulator, Google Earth and more.
Levil Aviation envisions this becoming a great tool in the industry. Whether being utilized in a flight school
environment to recreate flights in a safe environment with students or flight testing a new aircraft, users will
now have access to valuable information with minimal effort and cost.
Levil Aviation always strives to enhance our current products by always looking
for ways to add functionality and usefulness to the instruments we manufacture.
As a company that is owned and operated by pilots, for pilots, we try to add
features that we feel would make the overall flying experience safer,
informative, and fun.
The iLevil 3 will be available on July, 25, 2016 at a starting price of $1,195.
This product can be purchased on our web page www.aviation.levil.com or in
any general aviation store or websites.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE ILEVIL3
• Optional GPS source meets the position source performance requirements of §91.227 for ADS-B OUT in the
experimental aircraft market.
• Ability to communicate with currently installed transponders (mode-s), to activate extended squitter, meeting
ADS-B mandate for 2020 on experimental and light sport aviation.
What makes the iLevil 3 SW special?
- WAAS GPS
- High-performance AHRS and solid-state technology
- ADS-B In Receiver for weather and traffic
- Data recording
- Small and lightweight
- Compatible with your favorite apps
Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS)
High-performance AHRS. Each iLevil 3 SW is meticulously calibrated to for optimal performance even during aerobatics. The AHRS data refreshed at 14 frames per second, the max rate of turn is 500 deg/sec and attitude is completely independent of GPS.
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Integrated WAAS GPS with a built-in antenna that allows precise navigation using any of your favorite apps. The Astro Link GPS signal eliminates GPS dropouts resulting from using other devices.
ADS-B Receiver (978 MHz/1090)
Dual-band ADS-B Receiver. Free in-flight Weather and Traffic and no need for remote antennas! The Astro Link allows you to monitor weather radar, METARS, etc. It also captures traffic information even where the competition simply won’t reach.
The iLevil 3 SW features the ability to record data and save all of your flight information. This information can be saved in multiples formats such as .FDR, .GPX, .CSV. Using these three formats data can be used to recreate a flight on flight simulator programs or applications, to be view on google earth, or the data can be displayed on excel and used to create graphs.
- Wireless iLevil 3 SW device
- USB to mini USB cable
- ADS-B antenna
- Silicone stoppers
- Protective bag
- SD card
- WAAS GPS (antenna inside)
- Roll, Pitch, Magnetic Heading, Rate of Turn, Inclination, and G-meter data output
- WiFi Access Point (enables +10 devices connected to the same iLevil)
- 978/1090 MHz ADS-B receiver for free in-flight weather and traffic
- Integrated solar panels recharge the batteries over time or extend the standard 5- hour battery to 6 hours on a bright sunny day
- 3-axis gyros, accelerometers and magnetometers professionally calibrated for aviation-grade performance.
- Micro-USB communication for remote firmware updates, data transfer and battery charging
- Automatic ON/OFF operation through 3.5 mm audio jack using regulated 5V
- IN/OUT serial communication (allows data transfer to/from other hardware inside the cockpit, i.e. Zaon traffic, panel mounted EFIS displays)
- Operating temperature: -10° to 60° C (14°-140° F)
- Everything integrated in a small package: 3.2"x4.2"x1.1"
See below for answers to our most popular questions.