PMA6000B 4 Place Intercom Aircraft Certified
PS Engineering has revolutionized audio control in general aviation airplanes. At that time, the original PMA6000 took the audio panel from a collection of switches added as an afterthought, to a multitalented intersystem focal point for cockpit audio.
Radio selection, cockpit communications and even music were seamlessly combined in the modern audio control panel. The PMA6000-series set a benchmark for all GA audio panels that followed.
The next generation PMA6000B has been given the benefit of PS Engineering's 20+ years of audio panel control design and 35+ years manufacturing experiences. It offers a low cost alternative to the more capable audio panel product line that the industry has become to expect from such a focused driven company.
The PMA6000B combines an audio selector panel with a top-quality manually adjusted VOX intercom and a slew of features to enhance versatility and utility.
PMA6000B Sales and Installation Services
For PMA6000B sales and installation services or questions regarding your panels call toll free at 800-474-9714 to speak with an expert
Panel Mount Aircraft Intercom Features:
- Uses a single 44-pin connector making installation easier.
- Built-in 4 place mono intercom providing great cockpit communications.
- The PMA6000B comes with or without a built-in marker beacon receiver.
- Split mode allows the pilot and copilot to independently and simultaneously use both radios, even transmitting simultaneously on different frequencies.
- Pilot and crew/passenger isolate functions are an integral part of the design.
Dual mono music inputs for passengers and crew are standard features. · PSE's renowned Soft Mute technology gently and subtly ramps the music down when the conversation comes across either the intercom or the radio.
- A patented "swap" function (Patent #5,903,227) allows pilots to use a yoke-mounted switch to select Com 1 and Com 2 options without reaching for the panel.
- High-quality, single VOX manual control, voice-activated circuitry, and individual microphone channels form the heart of the intercom system.
- Passengers have their own voice and audio amplifiers.
- Backlit switches linked with a photosensor carefully calibrate panel lighting to cockpit levels for all situations.
- The fail-safe feature automatically hard-wires the pilot to Com1 in the case of an outage.
- Height: 1.3 in. (3.3 cm)
- Width: 6.25 in. (16.9 cm)
- Depth: 6.8 in. (17.3 cm)
- Weight: (With Rack & Connectors) 1.5 Lb. (0.68 kg.)
- Power Requirements: (Including Internal Lighting) Voltage (13.75 or 27.5 VDC*)
- Maximum Current: 1 Amp (Externally protected by a 2 Amp circuit breaker).
- Typical Operating Current: (speaker off: 350 Ma / speaker on: 600 mA)
*27.5 VDC requires 15W dropping resistor (included).
See below for answers to our most popular questions.