Entirely self-contained, SAM is a solid-state instrument that provides attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip information to the pilot during normal operation or in the case of primary instrument failure.
SAM® is a solid-state instrument that displays attitude, altitude, airspeed, slip, vertical trend, and heading information to the pilot in an advanced, 2-inch format.
SAM delivers an easy-to-fit, compact design with selectable orientation (horizontal and vertical) like no other, ensuring a perfect fit within any panel. The unique two-screen display features high-definition graphics and extra-wide viewing angles. And at 1.6 pounds, SAM weighs less than the three instruments it’s designed to replace.
Pilots appreciate the intuitive interface, while installers love the flexible design.
- Attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip information with ARINC 429 output
- Small 2.4” x 5.5” footprint
- Extremely lightweight — 1.6 lbs
- Self-contained, rechargeable Nanophosphate® lithium-ion emergency battery
- Smooth, high-definition graphics
- Unique, two-screen display with wide viewing angles and a user-friendly menu structure
- Selectable orientation — horizontal and vertical
- Aircraft-specific, programmable airspeed range markings
- Easy installation — one knob configures the display and provides menu control to the pilot
- 10–32 VDC power input
- External, automatic and manual dimming control settings
- Software configurable lighting curves
- Field-upgradable software via standard USB port
- FAA TSO certified to C2d, C3e, C4c, C10b, C106, C179a — Pending
- RTCA DO-178B and DO-254 Design Assurance Level (DAL) A — Pending
- RTCA DO-160 qualified
- Designed and built in Wichita, Kansas, USA
- Two-year or 2,000-hour warranty
- Power Input: 10-32 VDC; 10W normal, 40W max
- Output: ARINC 429 (see manual for specific labels)
- Operating Range: Attitude: 300° per second pitch, roll and yaw (max) / Altitude: -1,500 to +55,000 ft (-457 m to 16,764 m) / Airspeed: 0 to 500 knots (0 to 575 mph) (0 to 926 kph)
- Units of Measure: Altitude: Feet or meters / Barometric Setting: Inches of mercury, millibars or hectopascals / Airspeed: Knots, miles per hour or kilometers per hour
- Panel Tilt: Configurable to ± 85° pitch
- Lighting: 5, 14 and 28 VDC input
- Pilot Interface: 16-detent, push and turn knob
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (0.73 kg)
- Battery: Rechargeable, field-replaceable, internal battery / Technology: Nanophosphate® lithium-ion / Run time: 60 minutes minimum when fully charged and properly maintained
- Mounting: Front panel mounted
- Mating Connectors: Mid-Continent P/N 9017646 kit contains custom DB15 connector with configuration module, pitot and static connectors
- Certification: FAA TSO certified to C2d, C3e, C4c, C10b, C106, C179a — Pending
- RTCA DO-178B and DO-254 Design Assurance Level (DAL) A — Pending, RTCA DO-160 qualified, RTCA DO-311 qualified
See below for answers to our most popular questions.