The 8100 Series True Airspeed Indicator is intended for use on an aircraft to indicate the speed relative to the air at sea level and at any other altitude, to indicate the equivalent speed corresponding to the actual force of the air. The indicator has an inner dial to indicate true airspeed. That is, the altitude and temperature are the conversion factors used to obtain this reading with the use of a setting knob.
When properly connected to an airspeed tube, mounted so as to be in undisturbed air, the airspeed indicator measures the differential pressure developed between the pitot and static opening. The pressure is indicated in units of airspeed (mph and/or knots).
- Certification: FAA TSO C2b
- Case configuration: MS33638, 3inch
- Typical Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Static, Pitot Pressure Connector: 1/8 - 27 ANPT
- Installation: Removable spring nuts and #6-32 screws
- Lighting: Available upon request
See below for answers to our most popular questions.