The new ATD-300 Traffic-Watch provides multiple capabilities that enhance the safety of flight. The ATD-300 portable traffic awareness system simultaneously gives you distance and altitude to potential conflicts for up to 5 miles. A bright LED display is easy to see, plus it provides aircraft voltage display and low voltage alarm.
"The ATD-300 senses traffic out to 5.0 nm. The system can track multiple targets, displaying the closest threat first."
- Bill Cox, Plane & Pilot Magazine
- Traffic Relative Altitude Readout
- Traffic MSL Altitude
- Traffic Range Up To 5 nm
- Host Transponder Altitude/Code Readout
- Voltage Indication
- High/Low Voltage Alarm
- Bright LED 8-Character Dot Matrix Display
- ATD-200 Interchangeable (same size and connections)
- 3-Year Warranty
- Transponder Types: Mode A/C/S
- Altitude Decoding Range: -1200 to 30,700 feet MSL
- Max Range: 5nm
- Range Accuracy: 20%
- Display Type: 8-Character dot matrix yellow LED
- Antenna Connector: BNC
- Antenna Imepdance: 50 Ohms
- Audio Impedance: 8 and 300 Ohms Outputs
- Voltmeter Accuracy: 0.1 Volts
- Supply Voltage: 11 to 30 VDC
- Supply Current: 0.18 amps @ 14 VDC, 0.09 amps @ 28 VDC
- Operating Temperature: -20 °C to +55 °C
- Operating Altitude: -1000 feet to 25,000 feet MSL
- Enclosure Type: Black Extruded Aluminum
- Unit Dimensions: 2.75" W x 0.75" H x 5.00" D
- Unit Weight: 10 Ounces
ATD-300 Traffic Warning Envelope
When the left switch is in the mid position (FAR) the traffic voice warnings are initiated whenever traffic is within 3nm and less than ±1000ft of the host aircraft. The female voice will anunciate "Traffic". If the traffic or the host is not Mode C equipped the warning will be heard whenever the traffic is within 3nm irrelevant of the altitude difference.
When the left switch is in the upper position (NEAR) the traffic voice warnings are initiated whenever traffic is within 1nm and less than ±500ft of the host aircraft. The female voice will anunciate "Traffic Nearby". If the traffic or the host is not Mode C equipped the warning will be heard whenever the traffic is within 1nm irrelevant of the altitude difference.
MUTE deactivates all traffic warnings but not the voltage warnings. In the MUTE mode traffic altitude is shown as MSL altitude instead of relative altitude. This can be differentiated on the display by the lack of + or - symbol in front of the altitude number.
When the right switch is set to the upper position the display is set to its maximun brightness. This mode is normally used during daylight flight.
When the right switch is set to the mid position the display is set to its minimum brightness. This mode is normally used during night flight.